You are here

HURRICANE SANDY 2012

George's picture

Dear All,

Below is my video from Hurricane Sandy. Its not much, and my shakiness is in my oppinion mediocre, but I guess it gets the  point across. I had no real prep, just drive, and shoot. 

Bergen County NJ.

Suggestions Encouraged! Remember switch to 720 or 1080 =)

Yours,

-The 15year old videomaker. 

Jackson Wong's picture
Administrator Plus Member

Not everyone gets that close to such a big storm, and I'm hoping that you're safe. The last shot starting about 4:00 really helped me see Sandy. I wish you the best in safety, travel and with your video adventures.

One suggestion, consider speeding up more of the driving, and if you were driving one handed, the video is certainly acceptable!

-Jackson

channelone's picture

jwong wrote:Not everyone gets that close to such a big storm, and I'm hoping that you're safe.

-Jackson

Driving around in the 90+ mph winds of a hurricane can truly be a challange. ;-)

And sometimes things don't work out so well...

Wayne

Jennifer O'Rourke's picture
Plus Member

For being in a moving vehicle, George, the handheld shooting was pretty good. Give us more variety and aftermath footage, and shorten the lead-in to what they call "the money shot" and you can make a nice mini-documentary of your experience. Hope you're safe and well and dry!... and keep making video!

Managing Editor jorourke@videomaker.com VM Customer Support: 1-800-284-3226

Cyndy Green's picture

Also...part of the reason the last shot is effective is because of the natural sound (NATS).  The music took away from the mood in the earlier shots.  I agree w/VC in that you need to learn to edit out everything but your strongest/best shots.  The close-up at the beginning was good - wide shots show the scene but details help tell the story.  And first rule:  stay safe.  Second rule:  keep your equipment safe and dry.

sxdxdx's picture

I wish you the best in safety, travel and with your video adventures.

busysoul's picture

That was really a tough moment for the residents there, They have sugffered a lot and that is reallyn weird for them as well. I wish that  they get best ahead.

shaynewillis's picture

It is a great adventure to video a huricane especially if you are intentionally chasing it, but it is also very risky. So go make a great video out of it and be safe..

For Lighting rental Los Angeles, Visit Here.