You are here

Good environment for a 20/20 style interview?

Kriller's picture

I'm looking to make a spoof of the basic 20/20 style interview. You know, where it has the background blurred out a bit and goes back and forth between the interviewer and interviewee. What would be a good background, room or etc to use for this.

I mean I can't just use my bedroom. And I don't want to just have a blank wall as a background.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

voodeux's picture

If this is a weekday gig, rent a suite in a modern hotel. Midweek rates are surprising affordable at most hotels. Bonus: stylish decor and a variety of shooting options. I once had to do 7 interviews with corporate execs in a 1/2 day shoot. The producer wanted each background to look different. We rented a penthouse suite and got it done to the clients satisfaction. (I would have preferred more than 15 minutes for each new setup though).

Kriller's picture

Good point. I meant kind of a general background. Like if you saw a 20/20 interview with Tom Cruise, there wouldn't necessarily be Top Gun items in the background. Haha

Though I will say that it is a guy talking about his Seat Belt organization.

trusso's picture

Buy a cheap greenscreen. Shoot your talking head with it behind it. Use a picture or video behind it and you can adjust the blur on the background shot. Should be simple enough.