You are here

DSLR Rigs

PJ B's picture

Can anyone recommend a good shoulder mount rig for the Canon 5D Mark II? Something for less than $500 that includes follow focus, and zoom control, plus perhaps an LCD monitor? Not sure it would be realistic to expect an LCD monitor with a setup like this for less than $500.

acaruso1011's picture

I recently purchased a DSLR rig and it may fit EXACTLY what you need. I researched long and hard to find a quality shoulder rig and like most operating on a limited budget, was most concerned with the value for my money as well as flexibility since I was borrowing cameras for my shoot. In fact I was using a Canon 5D mkII. After reviewing numerous rig options, I found the perfect balance of quality and value. It also contains exactly what you request (minus the LCD monitor), but can be easily added. I was pleased with the quality of the components as well as the overall design. All components are light weight, yet remain sturdy and secure by using the very convenient thumb screws. The unit is also well balanced as I was able to set the unit down on the ground with no issue of tipping over. It is also very flexible, allowing easy removal of parts if not needed as well as the transfer of the rig from tri-pods to sliders, to hand held, which is much needed during a hectic video session. This is of course assuming you have all the correct attachments for your equipment. Point is, the rig allows you to attach these to the bottom of the rig very quickly via the tripod mounting plate. The fact that it includes a mattebox (allowing up to 2 filters) and a follow focus significantly adds to the value of this product. It also includes a variety of extra components to allow for customizing the rig to various size DSLR cameras as well as a full compliment of gears for various sized lenses. A complete listing of components for this item can be read at http://www.proaimshop.com/pas/PROAIM...LR-KIT-11.html I purchased this unit to shoot my very first short film and could not be more happy. I had no issues with the rig whatsoever. I would highly recommend this product especially for beginning film makers that are on tight budgets. Hope this helps with your purchase.