You are here

cropping around people or shapes

MrDrPink's picture

Is they a way to crop around people or shapes, the video im editing they are two people on screen person 1 at the front and person 2 at the back. if i use the screen effect on person 2 it brigthens person 1 and 2 up and makes them look like ghosts and thats not want. Is they a way to crop person 2 to make it look like person 2 is going behind person 1? and then key frame it frame by frame to make it look normal and not all sqaured like?

Sorry if it sounds confusing 

Woody Sanford's picture
Plus Member

Depends on what software you have. I use After effects to rotoscope and mask things, I also use Mocha sometimes in tracking masks. So there are ways to do what you ask but it depends on what you have.

MrDrPink's picture

I have Affect effects aswell as the full Adobe Masterclass CS6. So After Effects will to crop all the footage around person 2?

voodeux's picture

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it sounds like what you're trying to accomplish is best outsourced to an experienced compositor. You can probably take the time to do it yourself, but I'm not sure you would be happy with the final product. Rotoscoping is neither fun nor fast. If 'quick and dirty' is good enough for you, then give it a shot.

Woody Sanford's picture
Plus Member

You might want to provide a screen shot so we know exactly what you are trying to do. Sometimes this can be really simple. Just duplicate and mask or rotoscope and the edges blend in even though you treat each differently. How complicated it becomes depends on the footage.