You are here

Canon 5D Mark III HACKED Shooting RAW

Demetrius Starks's picture
Plus Member

composite1's picture
Plus Member Moderator

That is some amazing footage. However, it looks like you can only shoot at 24p. 48p would have been nice for slow-mo work.

H.Wolfgang Porter, Composite Media Producer Dreaded Enterprises Unlimited, Inc. www.dreadedenterprises.com

Demetrius Starks's picture
Plus Member

I would love some slow motion options as well. Maybe they'll add some to the firmware in the future :D

Gotta love magic lantern. Has anyone actually tried this out though? Seems like you need a super expensive CF card to make it work?

-3D

Ed
Ed's picture
Plus Member

I acquired a used 5D MKII from an eBay seller a while back and am considering Magic Lantern. The software adds a lot of functionality. One of the changes after the upgrade is the MKII can write to 64GB CF cards. For long shoots, this would be useful. 

All CF cards are pricier than SD cards, so if you're serious about DSLR vide, you'd probably want a solid high speed card. They do come with a big prize tag.

Here's the Magic Lantern site: http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Lantern_Firmware_Wiki

The eBay purchase was $1200. Not bad for a camera that still sells for more than $1800 used. It does have 183,000 shutter activations, but I'm using it to get comfortable with DSLR video.