You are here

Camera Suggestions Under $1000

electromanlc's picture

I am looking for a new camera to film weddings, how-to videos, concerts, and occasionally sports. My budget is $1000. I might film a short film someday eventually. I want a camera that has a great HD picture. I don't care what form factor it is. Thanks!

brunerww's picture
Plus Member

You may want to take a look at the $748 Panasonic G6. It can shoot weddings that look like this:

Behind the scenes fashion videos that look like this:

Music videos that look like this:

Watersports videos that look like this:

And short films that look like this:

This is the only large sensor interchangeable lens camera below $1000 with camcorder-like features such as a viewfinder that keeps working in video mode, fast video autofocus - and continuous recording for more than 30 minutes without having to be restarted (important for weddings, concerts and other events).

It also has wi-fi for wireless transfer of files and remote control from your phone or tablet, 1080/60p for smooth action and/or slow motion, focus peaking if you choose to focus manually, a fully articulated LCD, a built-in intervalometer for time lapse and many other features that make it a great video and still camera.

At $748 from Amazon or Adorama, the Panasonic G6 is a very good value for your money.

Hope this is helpful and best of the holidays,

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

electromanlc's picture

Are there any disadvantages to using a DSLR for video? Would a camera like the Canon G20 be better?