You are here

Battery Charger/Canon XA20

VTexan's picture

I just bought a Canon XA20 and was disappointed it didn't come with a stand alone battery charger. I'm looking to purchase one, but can't find any listings for them. In B&H and Amazon when I search keywords "Canon XA20 battery charger" I get several listings (Pearstone and Watson brands), but nothing from Canon.

Further, when I search for "Canon XA20" on those pages that come up, those words don't exist. I suspect that those chargers would work for Canon batteries, but their description doesn't say so explicitly.  

Surely Canon makes a stand alone battery charger for its new camera. Anyone have any light to shed on this? Thanks in advance. 

VTexan's picture

That's exactly what I need. Curiously, it doesn't show up when you do a "Canon XA20 battery charger" search.

Thanks!

BruceMol's picture

You're welcome.

I must say that your predicament remined me of an excellent video done by Google Analytics in the UK. You were looking for a charger for your camera battery, you should have looked for the charger for your battery.

Watch this video and I'm sure you'll have a laugh.

Albert Maruggi's picture
Plus Member

great comments here and helpful.  My dilemma is cost. Shooting at trade shows an on the road you need two batteries and to charge quickly.  As a look at prices, it's a huge disparity, from a Canon branded battery, say BP 820 at around $110 and a BP 820 compatable on www.bestbatt.com for $30!   I've had mixed results at Best Batt.http://www.bestbatt.com/Canon-BP-820-Battery-p/bbbp820.htm    I bought a power pack for Canon ViXia HF 20 that didn't work after a week,   It cost about $15  -  anyone have thoughts on this huge price disparity or experience with Best Batt?