You are here

Which eye-candy ways to create a video around audio can you come up with?

Clara Rist's picture

I create podcasts whenever I have something important to say. I gathered a small fanbase already. But I also want to make money with it. I got an email from youtube that I now get a share of adsense revenue there. But my podcasts are audio only. Which quick but at the same time eye-candy ways to create a video around audio can you come up with?

doublehamm's picture

Not sure on the eye candy side, but YouTube has sent me those offers before as well. You literally need millions of followers before you make any kind of income, as most people ignore the ads they throw up completely, and clicking on them is required for you to get paid.

pseudosafari's picture

easiest way would be to just film yourself making the audio. it doesn't have to be anything fancy. other than that, pictures of you or pictures of your subject matter would be good. logos and text are good to add. how about an index of the main subject you're covering?

Clara Rist's picture

Not sure on the eye candy side, but YouTube has sent me those offers before as well. You literally need millions of followers before you make any kind of income, as most people ignore the ads they throw up completely, and clicking on them is required for you to get paid.

Do you know a method that helps you getting more money with podcasts?

other than that, pictures of you or pictures of your subject matter would be good. logos and text are good to add. how about an index of the main subject you're covering?

It should keep the standard youtube user interested. There has to be some animation.

pseudosafari's picture

Youtube won't accept just audio, of course. You're right that there has to be SOME animation. Some musicians I follow just post the song with a picture of them in it. It holds my attention AS LONG AS THE CONTENT IS GOOD (that is, as long as the song is worth listening to). If it's not, then I move on, like anyone else.

I bet the podcasts are similar. Start with something basic and build from there. Add something in each video you post, and pretty soon you'll get handy with it. People will watch it if your content is there.

As for making money, stick with Google and google-related sites like youtube. you have the whole world out there looking for you if you do it right.