You are here

Vegas Pro 10 Audio Recording Problem?

Anonymous (not verified)

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: medium;" size="3" face="Times New Roman">Hey everyone!</span>

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: medium;" size="3" face="Times New Roman"></span>

<span style="font-size: medium;" size="3"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;" face="Times New Roman"> Newcomer here, and first off just want to say how awesome it is to finally find a community website like this; I leafed through the broad array of contents and it's everything an amateur film guy like me could ever want!</span></span>

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: medium;" size="3" face="Times New Roman"></span>

<span style="font-size: medium;" size="3"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;" face="Times New Roman"> Anyways, lately, I've been using my Vegas Pro 10 to record my voice a lot, and I found out that the longer I'm using my Vegas Pro (without closing the window) the longer there is a delay between when I first press the Rec button and when it actually starts recording.</span></span>

<span style="font-size: medium;" size="3"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;" face="Times New Roman"> So basically after I start and stop recording there is supposed to appear a record track beginning when I first started to record and ending when I stopped. However as I keep using the window the record track begins more and more later than when I first recorded it, as if there's this empty void or delay. Any recordings taking during the void or delay is simply lost, and if I stop recording within this void or delay no record track appears at all! </span></span>

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: medium;" size="3" face="Times New Roman">The problem seems subtle, but it makes recording very tedious with time. Like after 10 minutes I have to wait 5 seconds after I press the Record button before I can be sure what Im saying will be recorded in the Record Take once I stop recording. </span>

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: medium;" size="3" face="Times New Roman">Also, Im not sure if this is related, though I think it is, during my recording, the red lines on the bar (the bar that will be the Record Take once I stop recording) dont vibrate like it should, theyre just two static, straight lines.</span>

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: medium;" size="3" face="Times New Roman">The problems are quite subtle and difficult to describe, but if anyone can help me out on this one it would make my life a whole lot easier. </span>

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: medium;" size="3" face="Times New Roman">Thanks for reading this,</span>

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: medium;" size="3" face="Times New Roman">Sincerely,</span>

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: medium;" size="3" face="Times New Roman">James</span>