You are here

Typography Test - Please Comment & Critique

Corey's picture

Here's a quick typography piece I made for a competition, feel free to
critique and comment on my work. (Comment on other then the voice over
please)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dimzhohfm7M

If I had more time I would have considered placing more symbols and images into it.

Thanks,
Corey

Luis Maymi's picture
Plus Member

Good job Corey. I think it was a little bit fast (no that much), but it shows the message clearly.

-

"The meaning of a movie are the characters, the life of the movie is the music, but the magic is in the editing" –  http://www.lomaymi.com

Corey's picture

Thanks everyone. It was a little hard to get all the information in 30 seconds, though I do agree. Thanks

Moab Man's picture
Plus Member

At first I had the same thought - it's too fast - but too fast was effectiveon me because you had my full attention as I tried to keep up.

Guess it's a double edged sword. Some will dismiss it because it's too fast while others will be drawn in for the same reason.

Just curious, whatsoftware did you use?

vid-e-o-man's picture
Plus Member

Great job. I watched it a number of times. Fast pace helped keep our attention throughout the segment. I found the text a little hard to read (maybe my old eyes or the settings on my monitor). I was thinking that a border or shadow on text would help it stand out from the backgroundbut with the VO reinforcing the text I didn't have any trouble following along. Once agagin great job!

Corey's picture

Thanks everyone for thefeedback. Unfortunately I had to use the light blue on white for the second lot of text as when the camera zoomed in onto the letter, the BG had to be light blue.

And I created this using After Effects CS4, whilst also using Videocopilot's 'Sure Target 2'