You are here

This I don't like about Videomakers Forums

Rob Grauert's picture

I like this forum a lot. I get off on being able to answer people's questions, and I feel Videomaker has done a great job developing this. There are some things I'd like to see changed though.

1. Email notification if someone responds to a post I have posted or replies in a post I have also responded to.

2. Someone just sent me a personal message to my account and I had topics separated into paragraphs. When I sent the message, it smashed everything into one paragraph. Not cool.

3. I want to be able to make a cooler looking profile, but that's not a big issue. Ya know what would be cool? If people could rate you on your profile based on how helpful you are.

That's just my two cents. I'm not trying to be nit picky, I just feel that no matter who you are or what you're doing, there's always room for improvement. Keep up the good work.

Andy Clark's picture

Thank you for the feedback. I have added these to our TODO list.

As far the profile pages, I agree that they're pretty plain right now. What suggestions do you have? Are you looking to add more content about yourself, make the design more customizable or both? With what level of customization are you comfortable? Very little difficulty like Facebook or full customization like MySpace's overly difficult CSS for tables?

wandalassiter's picture

Well, I read a lot in forums on HowTo make a movie and found that either
old tools (pjBMB2AVI) or expensive and complicated ones (Premiere and the like)
are often referenced.

NewBirthProductions's picture

I would like them to get off thier butts and actualy mail me the magazine i ordered 13 weeks ago. suspose to be a 30 day trial i better get the magazine before i get the bill.

NewBirthProductions's picture

lol I got the bill the day i made that post. Still no magazine, does anyone subcribe to the magazine are they really that slow in mailing it? any dropped issues?

chrisColorado's picture

When I subscribed to the magazine, it was awesome, came early and often. Sometimes it felt like I got several magazines a month. Great stuff. If you aren't getting the magazine, NBP, then start a post about it or send them a letter. Videomaker is usually really reliable.

Ian Kirkpatrick's picture

I live in New Zealand, the other side of the world to most of Videomaker's readers but my magazine comes in the mail, standard post, and always arrives in the mail box the week before the month date on the cover. I did find out however some years ago that there is some inertia in the subscriber database and if you let your subscription lapse, it takes a bit of geting started again. They send out their rewnewal notices really early, like 6 months before it is about to expire. Take my advice and renew it at that time.

Cheers Ian