You are here

teleprompter suggestions

chip's picture

I am looking for advice on a good teleprompter to use with a Panasonic 100A or 200A video camera. This if only for occasional use in a corporate setting so I don't want to sink a ton of money into something. I am hoping to get by for less than $2,000. Any suggestions?

SafetyMan's picture

If you are industrius and don't care so much about the looks (i.e. it is for internal use only), you can make one very easily. I laid a 22" LCD monitor down flat on a table, and constructed a wooden frame around it. I took a piece of 1/4" glass, mounted it in a wooden frame and hinged it to the monitor frame at a 45 degree angle. Connected the monitor to a laptop and installed a teleprompter software (I think about $30) on the computer. I mounted a dark cloth over the glass and around the camera to prevent reflections

Most of the this was stuff I had lying around, and as this would only be used by internal employees, I was not too concerned about the look of the prompter, just the usefulness.

turd12's picture

I saw on a different video related website that you can use an Iphone or Ipod touch for this purpose. As I remeber you have you use a special program to write the script, then upload to the company website. From there itis changed over to a file, you download thatto your device and that is what is scroled across the screen. It sounds like alot of work but it canmount on a camera, a tripod, or by it's self. I think thatyou can also get a sheild that goes around it to block out glare. I hope thishelps

turd12's picture

Now that is alot better of a setup than the one I saw. I'm glad someone was able to help.

Threewms's picture

"just write on your hand like Sarah Palin"

Heh. Although not everybody can wing an extended speech with just a couple of sentences for notes like that. Although a rig this complex sounds like it's out of Chip's price range:

Bipartisan kidding aside, the Ikan PT-1000 might be worth looking into as an option for well under $1000:

http://www.digitaljuice.com/djtv/detail.asp?sid=315