You are here

Take the hint....

composite1's picture
Plus Member Moderator

With the influx of camera phones, social networking sites and a whole horde of other geeky crap that allows us to post our images online or send them via 'the magic satellite beams', one immutable law has come forth. 'Whatever goes on the 'Net Stays on the 'Net'. Hopefully all of the knuckleheads who 'lemming like' say to themselves, 'This will just be private between me and 'X'' Yeah 'X' meaning the 'unknown number' used in advanced mathematics. Here's yet another story of a young woman who 'Thought' (not necessarily the operative word) that a private photo sent to her deployed husband via an app on her iPhone would just be between them. She was wrong.

iPhone photo leaked to web

Bottom line (no pun intended) is; if you don't want to share something between you and the millions of 'huddled masses' (in front of their computers that is) DON'T PUT IT ONLINE OR SEND IT VIA CELL PHONE!

Anonymous (not verified)

Areyou sure that punwas unintentional??? Darn good one, anyway. It's bizarre really, did the lady think the picture would go STRAIGHT to her husband's phone, like two cans and a piece of string between them. It just goes to show that the so-called internet generation are notas computer-literatethat they are given credit for. Timely warning though not timely enough for her.

grinner's picture

there aint a chick in the world who has shown her boobies who didnt want the world to see em.

Make that a bumper sticker if you like.

It's how my wife got me and how yours got you.

composite1's picture
Plus Member Moderator

Derek,

Whataya' say to that? Every possible comeback I could think of would be tagged as 'beyond politically incorrect!' I will say that there was a 'Meth Lab' understaffed at the time those characters made that flick!

Bob,

I just cannot comprehend how 'effin' retarded these people are these days. Okay, let's just say that by some magical means those candid snaps went only to her hubby. He's in a war zone and I can tell you from my own numerous deployments that sooner or later someone will get a hold of those pictures whether by accident or 'accidentally on purpose' and they'll get spread around! I've broken up fights because some yahoo got his hands on some sailor's naked wife/girlfriend photos. And cell phones back on the homefront have an annoying habit of 'walking off' on their own. On deployment, they don't tell you to keep your gear locked up for nothing.

I do like that one commercial where the cute & innocent 13-15 year-old girl is walking around town and all of those guys from teenagers to gray-beards are talking to her about her personal stuff (right down to her favorite panty color) to illustrate how your so-called 'private' info isn't. I guess 'Ashely' never saw that video.

Grinner,

I got to see my ex's boobies for the first time the old-fashioned way, I talked her into it. Nice idea for a Bumber Sticker though.

H.Wolfgang Porter, Composite Media Producer Dreaded Enterprises Unlimited, Inc. www.dreadedenterprises.com

Anonymous (not verified)

Comp, I've never seen that commercial but it ought to be shown in the UK, if my 19-year-old niece is anything to go by. I am forever "suggesting" she tones down some ofthe details she putson her Facebook pages but she chooses to ignore me. "Oh Uncle Bob, you worry too much!!" Iwill keep trying and hope I can get through to her before she gets her fingers burnt.

composite1's picture
Plus Member Moderator

"... hope I can get through to her before she gets her fingers burnt."

Bob,

To quote the 'Joker' in "The Dark Knight", "Wanna' know how I got these scars?" Without trying to 'fear monger' there have always been 'wacky' folks out there. For some reason though the 'Net has made a lot of them much worse. The dangerous thing about the 'Net is that retarded feeling of 'anonymity' people think they have. Social Networking sites are a novel idea and have their good points, but they do create a 'herd mentality'. Unfortunately, wherever there's a herd there are predators not far behind. At least in the States you hear about it more and more each day how people are being picked off by 'Net predators. Scams involving your info, identity theft, rapes (of females and males) and oft times murders (also indiscriminate of gender.) Many of such cases could have easily been prevented had the victim not put all of their personal info out there to be had.

Unfortunately, much of your personal info whether you have been diligent or not is out there anyway. All it takes is a dedicated search and sometimes just a little cash and you can find out all kinds of 'usable' info on a person.

H.Wolfgang Porter, Composite Media Producer Dreaded Enterprises Unlimited, Inc. www.dreadedenterprises.com

Anonymous (not verified)

True! I find it hard to understand how anyone can be taken in by the Nigerian President's ex-wife who just has to get her personal fortune out of the country and "could you send me your bank details so I can transfer my money to it" or similar scams and yet some people DO fall for it. Anyway, I guess this is a little off-topic so I'll leave it there.

Thanks for your comments

composite1's picture
Plus Member Moderator

"I guess this is a little off-topic...."

Bob,

Not really. Even Grinner's 'Boobie' comment has relevance. People today are so desperate to be 'known' and the 'Net has 'Democratized' fame to a certain degree. I just saw how some jack-ass has gotten himself a book & television sitcom deal out of writing 118 little pearls of wisdom his old (literally) man says on Twitter. That's how it is now. We're between people wanting to be famous and the ones who become infamous like retarded (meaning someone who is supposed to be of full mental capacity but still does something stupid) Ashley who let a few million of her new 'friends' get a good look at what she has under the hood.