You are here

Sony Vegas Project Template vs. Render

navyspecwarfare's picture

So, sometimes I am a bit confused about the difference between setting up the Sony Vegas template vs. the render settings.

I am assuming that the template is supposed to match my media. In other words, if I shot in HD, I should make sure my template matches those HD settings. If I shot in SD, I should make sure the template matches that such as NTSC DV 720x480.

I am also assuming that you just render to whatever media you want your final project on.

So, in my case, I have footage shot in HD. I want to edit it in Vegas, yet I want to have the option to output it to both HD Bluray and SD DVD.

Is it as simple as me just setting up the template in HD, then choosing to render as either HD for BluRay or SD for DVD? Setting up the template in HD for editing but then rendering to SD will not cause issues will it?!

Many thanks.

Cville's picture

No issues. I use Vegas pro 10. I shoot and edit in HDV and render out based on what I need. For the most part I render outSDwide screen dvd but I also render out for Blu-Ray when required.

We don’t make movies to make money, we make money to make more movies.- Walt Disney 

www.ynotvideo.us

UnitedNerds's picture

"Is it as simple as me just setting up the template in HD, then choosing to render as either HD for BluRay or SD for DVD?"

Yep, it is that simple.

"Setting up the template in HD for editing but then rendering to SD will not cause issues will it?!"

the only issue you might run into is letterboxing because of different aspect ratios, but you can fix that by altering the SD frame size while rendering.