You are here

Sony HXR-NX5U & No Sound on Import

rhornsby's picture

Hello, I am basically clueless. I have aSony HXR-NX5U which I bought so I could have a tapeless workflow. However, when I import my files into Pinnacle 14, there is no sounds. I was under the impression that Pinnacle could play AVCHD files natively.

If anyone knows what I am missing, or could help me troubleshoot this I would greatly appreciate it.

pseudosafari's picture

I have Pinnacle 12 Ultimate and it works fine with AVCHD. Perhaps you have to have the "Ultimate" version (or whatever they call it in 14) to do it, though. I suspect that if your version doesn't support it, though, it wouldn't even play the video. Check and make sure your version supports it, though?

rhornsby's picture

I have Pinnacle 14 HD and AVCHD is supported. Really frustrated, I can hear sound when played directly from camcorder and can hear sound when I use import using Sony's Content Management Utility AND play the video in the Utility. But no sound when I import using Pinnacle 14.

rhornsby's picture

I think I figured out the problem and a work around.

The camcorder has two audio options LPCM (NXCAM Linear PCM) and Dolby Digital. Apparently Pinnacle and Adobe Premier don't support Sony's interpretation of them correctly yet.

So the workaround for now is to switch to Dolby on the camcorder and the audio will come through fine on import.