You are here

Sony CCD-TRV88

MW
MW's picture

Need to upload hi8 from Sony TRV88 to mac computer. Anyone done this? No USB outlet, AV Jack only. I bought a Sony DCR-HC96 trying to link one to the other and then into the computer, because all the research indicated that the DCR-HC96 was he only one with pass thru capacity, ie, converted analog to digital, but of course, can't find the right cables anywhere to connect these two either. Any help most appreciated

MW

bosmith.tv's picture

Use an RCA cable (red, white, yellow) out of the TRV88 into the the A/V port of the HC96, in the menu there's a setting that says A/V in to DV out. Turn it on and use the firewire out of the HC96 into your computer.

-Shooter/Cutter
http://www.bosmith.tv

MW
MW's picture

Thank you for your reply. The trv88 has: an s-video out, an AV out that is a jack, and an rfu dc out that is a smaller jack. The DCR-HC96 has a blue LANC jack port, and an AV port that is a pin type. I am confused about your post.I have a cable that is a jack on one end into the trv88, going to the RCA. I also have an RCA with an AV on the other end. Is there a connector out there that will link male RCA to male RCA to each other? Also, which menu are you discussing and how do I access it? Cheers, MW

MW
MW's picture

female to female coupler might be more accurate. I'l try evil radio shack and see if this works

MW
MW's picture

Lots of cables and couplers and camcorder menu adjustments later. It works!!!!!!! I can't thank you enough!!! I hope 2010 is a fantastic creatively fruitful year for you!

MW