You are here

Simple Questions

Tim_Hughes_TX's picture

I've been editing on this for a few weeks now. It seems like it can't hold much data! I've tried clearing files and deleting old ones, and still when I transcode proxy media, it says "Not enough disk space, clear some space and try again" So I do what it says and it still doesn't let me.

Is there a way to avoid uploading massive amounts of data? Honestly, I feel like I don't have an overwhelming amount of footage on there.

I just need basic tips on managing my footage, and how to avoid this.

Thanks

Jack Wolcott's picture
Plus Member

How much hard drive memory do you have on your computer? Each hour of video requires about 13.5gb of storage space; HD takes even more. So if you are transcoding HD to SD, for example, and you're captureing both the original HD files and the proxy files as well you're using quite a bit of storage space.

Please give us more information regarding both your computer and your file sizes.

Jack

http://www.videoccasions-nw.com

Tim_Hughes_TX's picture

I am uploading in HD. As far as how much storage I have on my MacBook Pro, it says I have 557.4 MB available on my Macintosh HD

Tim_Hughes_TX's picture

Oh and yes I do believe I have been transcoding HD to SD. How do I clear up all of this mess? I have projects that need to be finished very soon!