You are here

Sell Your Videos on YouTube (very cool!)

rkara's picture

This site is a cool site and lets sell your YouTube videos, i was thinking of starting up a video publishing business and publishing my content on it. Has anyone used this site before?

http://www.pazooza.com

CraftersOfLight's picture
Plus Member

Signs up today. Immediately posts this question. The site has no cost or feeinfo and the only 2 videos availableare about how to use the site.Asks for a lot of personal information.Sell You Tube Videos that people can watch for free?(cynicism) I smell phishing.

Life is not a guided tour nor a destination. It is a journey. Take the time to enjoy your family, friends and surroundings. Build memories. Share experiences. Travel at sight speed not light speed. (C)

birdcat's picture
Plus Member Moderator

Good call C-O-L. Had you not commented I would have deleted the message but let's use this as a teaching moment.

I cannot peak to the authenticity of this site however the point you make is very valid. Anyone who signs up and the immediately posts a single message touting there wares is suspect to me, especially when that site asks for ANY personal information.

There's a series of good commercials from Microsoft on TV now that shows how gullible and vulnerable people can be. A very good rule of thumb is o never give out any personal info unless you are 100% certain of who you are giving it to.

As I said about this site, I cannot speak to the legality, authenticity, veracity, or anything else about it and I would be highly suspect about any site telling me they can sell my video on someone else's site, especially YouTube.

Bruce Paul 7Squared Productions http://www.7squared.com

CraftersOfLight's picture
Plus Member

Another thing that caught my eye, and I know the internet is a world-wide environment but, this outfit appears to be based out of New Zealand and all indications are it came online today since the two videos are dated today.

Life is not a guided tour nor a destination. It is a journey. Take the time to enjoy your family, friends and surroundings. Build memories. Share experiences. Travel at sight speed not light speed. (C)

EarlC's picture
Plus Member Moderator

There are certainly more practical, smarter and better ways to promote/sell valid video production and content IMHO. Like Bruce, I would have canned it first read, but it can provide some inspiration for further solid advice and information regarding all things about "selling video" on the web. Just wait until Composite and Grinner get ahold of this one ;-)

Luis Maymi's picture
Plus Member

No one will pay for something they can get for free, especially a YouTube video. YouTube is an excellent tool to market services, getting notice and having a portfolio accessible even on a cellphone (not with the best video quality, but you have it and for free)

-

"The meaning of a movie are the characters, the life of the movie is the music, but the magic is in the editing" –  http://www.lomaymi.com

composite1's picture
Plus Member Moderator

Yeah, I took a look at the site.... (long sigh) Okay, even if (and I do mean 'if') these guys are remotely legit their setup still smells to high heaven of phish! Those how to videos are so amateurish and have no narration (so you can catch the bad english or whatever) and you can barely see what their doing anyway.

Most important, if Google could barely figure out how to monetize YouTube what the (censored) makes anyone think anyone would buy your video when they can watch the blasted thing much as they want for free?

That and as so many other sites have found that it's tough to sell videos that you can watch for free unless some serious packaging is done (just ask History, NatGeo, Discovery, PBS, Sci-fy, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, BBC, you getting the picture?) Your little I hate to say it, lame YouTube vid can go viral but nobody's going to pay for it.

I'm sorry, but I have to put these guys deep into the 'Don't Say You Weren't Warned' bin. If you want to sell your vids there are much better and far more reputable setups than that more than likely 'fly by day' outfit. Keep your info and your money to yourself.

H.Wolfgang Porter, Composite Media Producer Dreaded Enterprises Unlimited, Inc. www.dreadedenterprises.com

KimRMiller's picture

I've had my radar on for any site such as this, where you can make money with your own web video content (how-tos, Special Interest Videos, educational) and there are a lot of these types of sites out there that don't look "right." If anyone knows of legitimate, true business sites where you can sell downloadable videos, I would love to know of them. Tomorrow we're checking out Digital Rights Director http://www.digitalrightsdirector.com/ as a possible resource but at a monthly fee of $99, it may be out of the league for some people just starting to sell their video content. What's intriguing us about this one is the protection it offers.

Kim Miller, Your How To Sell Your Videos Expert
Download your FREE How To Sell Your Videos Kit at HowToSellYourVideos.com