You are here

Running a Video Contest / Film Festival

Cville's picture

It seems to me that Video Maker ran an article in the past few years about running a video contest or film festival. Does anyone remember? I have a huge stack of magazines on the shelf and I hate to have to go thru all of them. :)

Thanks for the help

Tony

composite1's picture
Plus Member Moderator

Cville,

If you have a Plus Membership you can do a search of back issues. I'm not sure how deep you can go with a basic membership.

H.Wolfgang Porter, Composite Media Producer Dreaded Enterprises Unlimited, Inc. www.dreadedenterprises.com

Cville's picture

Composite1

Thanks for the response. I've been away from my computer for a few days. I've been thinking about getting the plus membership maybe this will be my motivation.

Also if anyone has run a contest/festival and has any advice I'd love to hear it. If I can get everything lined up we are planning for the summer of 2013

Thanks

Tony

We don’t make movies to make money, we make money to make more movies.- Walt Disney 

www.ynotvideo.us

Cville's picture

A little off topic but why does this post have the little red circle exclamation point to the left of it?

We don’t make movies to make money, we make money to make more movies.- Walt Disney 

www.ynotvideo.us

kali's picture

I'm planning on running an online film festival. I did a google search and found some interesting articles. I'll probably purchase a few books on the subject, as well. Do you have a niche? I believe if you have a niche that you can focus and market to, your chances of success will greatly improve. For instance, my niche is African American short films.

Regards,
Kali
Killer Cam Studios

Cville's picture

Kali

Thanks for the response. Let me know how your online festival goes. I do have a niche. Our contest / festival will be Christian video shorts. We hope to host the festival so that we have the opportunity to socialize and share ideas with others who create in this area.

Tony

www.ynotvideo.us