You are here

Rotating video

Rick Hanzlik's picture

What was I thinkiing? Talk about boneheaded mistakes, I had an opportunity to take a training ride on a new comuter rail system so I took along my digital camera that will allow me to capture video. My thought was that I could capture a few minutes of video and shar it with my freinds. Problem is, Like an idiot, I turned the camera sidways while I was capturing the video. Now I have 5 minutes of video that when played back on a computer or screen is SIDEWAYS Duh! I have limited resources but I do have a copy of Pinnacle 10. Is there anyway to rotate this video so it will be right side up?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

GilbyGood's picture

I have Pinnacle 11 and I can not find any way to do it.

However I also have Adobe Premier Elements 3.0 and You can rotate, crop and scale very easy.

Videoman's picture

Yes you can, BUT you need to use Pro Dad's Adorage plug in to do it.

It will be watermarked if you do not have it activated.

Click plugs ins>Add video effect>ProDad>Adorage

Highlight the video

Double click Adorage>click edit adorage.

Left click "video A " -The scsreen changes

Halfway down left hand side is a blue screen button Called starting position. To the right is a slider for "rotation"

Click the blue button, then go to the slider box which has a numerical display of 0%. Highlight this and type in 25%

The picture in the preview screen on the right hand side of the screen will start to rotate.

Go to the green box called ending position, click on it. Go to the slider box again and type in 25%

The picture (video) will now be vertical and will not rotate

Press ok. The prodad screen changes

Press ok again

You are back to the time line and the computer is now rendering your video.

THIS WILL TAKE TIME TO RENDER

Aspyrider's picture

Grab a copy of Magix Movie Edit Pro. You can rotate it easy.

Put the video on the timeline, Right click and open the Video Effects box. Rotate it with the arrows. Simple.

Get the free trial here:

http://download-us.magix.net/trial_movieeditpro14plus_us.exe

http://www.magix.com

J. ;-)

film814's picture

You can also download a trial right off of any of Sonys Video editing applications. You can rotate and crop easily by selecting the rotate and crop icon located on the end of every clip on the timeline.

Jeremy

Videoman's picture

Hey guys,

This is all and well telling everyone to do it with this program and that program or this trial and that,

But aren't we supposed to be helping those who have only got Studio XX ????????.

Yes I know some programs do it differently , easier or better, but the fact is, these people, like it or not (including me0 are using Studio xx

and need to know how to fix it in studio not in a program they havent got.

Aspyrider's picture

I don't have Studio XXX, I have MY editor so I can only tell them how to do it in MY editor.

But who cares what editor he uses, the bottom line is he needs to get what he needs. The above suggestions will achieve his goal. He can download a trial, rotate the video, export it and then use his Studio X. Problem solved.

Videoman's picture

Oh I see. My mistake, I thought your post ment to get XX program and dump Studio XX.

Sorry, may be if you said download a trial, rotate the video, export it and continue to use Studio to get the final result, I would not have made the wrong conclusion. You are right,many suggestions help to solve a problem

Sorry again.

Risingsun's picture

Yes you can, BUT you need to use Pro Dad's Adorage plug in to do it. It will be watermarked if you do not have it activated. Click plugs ins>Add video effect>ProDad>Adorage Highlight the video Double click Adorage>click edit adorage. Left click "video A " -The scsreen changes Halfway down left hand side is a blue screen button Called starting position. To the right is a slider for "rotation" Click the blue button, then go to the slider box which has a numerical display of 0%. Highlight this and type in 25% The picture in the preview screen on the right hand side of the screen will start to rotate. Go to the green box called ending position, click on it. Go to the slider box again and type in 25% The picture (video) will now be vertical and will not rotate Press ok. The prodad screen changes Press ok again You are back to the time line and the computer is now rendering your video. THIS WILL TAKE TIME TO RENDER

Yes Videoman is right if you are using pinnacle then without prodad cannot rotate.but other software has thier own way to rotate.but for me i am happy to use pinnacle studio 12.

candjvideo's picture

I haven't worked in Pinnacle Studio 10 in a while, but you can rotate in Studio 12.

svtcobraltd's picture

I could give you an ftp site to upload the file to, I could edit in PP and reupload it fixed. Just let me know.