You are here

Rendering Blu Ray

eckleys's picture

I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro and rendered an hour long video in both H.264 and MPEG4. When played in a PS3, the H264 played for about 20 minutes then started getting jerky; became un-watchable. The MPEG4 copy worked fine.

I've never had much sucess with H.264 - either in rendering, and now in playing the DVD.

Anyone have any suggestions on other settings with H264, like frame rate?

S

david5566's picture

H.264 codec provides high video quality at substantially lower bit rate, and is most popular for its use on HD DVD, Blu -ray disc. It requires fast CPU and lots of RAM to play it. Your portable player may not have the fastest CPU to support the nice playback of most H.264 files, so I suggest when editing your video in Premiere Pro, you'd better choose lower bitrate.

vivili's picture

The PS3 surely can playback h264 video + ac3 or DTS. To achieve this
you have to mux the h264 elementary video stream and the ac3 or DTS
sound track into an MPEG2 Transport stream.

The BluRay-compliant MPEG2 transport stream output from Adobe CS3
encore is directly playable on the PS3 with 5.1 audio also from the XMB
(if transferred to the internal harddrive on the PS3 ) or streamed from
a UPNP server like for instance TVersity. The file is also seekable
using FF/REW both when playing from the PS3 harddrive or when streaming
from for instance TVersity.
(do remember to rename the file produced from .m2ts to .mpg though before transferring to the PS3 )

Blu Ray to PS3!

Give gives me more happiness than just gain!

http://blu-ray-softs.com/

webvideo's picture

I suggest you convert and burn your video files to AVCHD. All the blu-ray player (including PS3) can play AVCHD disc directly as a blu-ray disc. And AVCHD supports 1920x1080 also.

I often use total video converter to make this conversion. Total Video Converter supports convert an burn any formats video to AVCHD directly. http://www.effectmatrix.com/total-video-converter