You are here

Questionable Content (Fan film)

shadowsky's picture

Questionable Content Teaser Trailer

The teaser trailer to Pyromaniac Studios' upcoming feature length fanfilm based
off of one of the most popular webcomics of all time. Currently the movie
is more than half finished, and will be released Winter 2011. More
details to follow.

As this is a non-profit fan film, no profit can or will be made off of the project. It is made solely for entertainment purposes. The film is based on
characters and situations created by J. Jacques. This is a work of
tribute to his years of entertaining us. Visit
www.questionablecontent.net to catch up on the story.

Let me know what you think! I realize this teaser is aimed more at fans of the webcomic who will recognize the imagery and characters, but I still thought I'd post it here anyways. =)

myniztan's picture

I'm not familiar at all with what it's based on, but I think the trailer looks great. To add further comment to the poll, it's definately a good way to start experimenting with film making. Some of the best in the world started out just trying to recreate some of their favorite movies, shows, scenes or doing sequels to movies for fun. It's not for trying to make money so I definately wouldn't call it copyright infringement. Back to "Questionable Content", is it going to be something that can be enjoyed by anyone, or do you have to be familiar with the webcomic? I ask because I love indie films and would probably check it out when it's released but I've never heard of the webcomic. Nice work on the trailer. 

shadowsky's picture

Thank you! In writing the adaptation, my overall goal was to make sure that anyone watching, whether they'd heard of the comic or not, would be able to understand what was going on. There is a gag or two that a non-reader may not get, but nothing that would be seriously confusing or stop someone from understanding what was going on. It's a self contained story. Thanks again for watching and I hope you come back to see it when it's finished!