You are here

Production Studio For Internet Streaming

TheScientist's picture

I really am not sure anyone knows the answer to the following; and those that do, do not seem to be giving up the info.

I want to create/build a professional Internet TV Streaming Studio. So far, I have been using an Canon HV30 (through Firewire - it is awful and extremely unstable). I am also using an Alesis Audio Mixer, relatively fair microphones, and fair to good lighting.

I want to use multiple cameras plugged into either a video switcher/mixer or video capture cards on computer. Problem is NO ONE - not the retail stores, not the film stores, not the video stores can tell me how to do this professionally, or they are trying to hoodwink me out 10s of thousands of dollars, which I know there are less expensive solutions. For example, last guy tried to sell me a $50k plus each camera; and $30k video mixer.

Is there anyone out there that will share the information to build a small three camera studio, capable of live internet streaming, and does not use firewire?

Thank you in advance to the knowledgeable person who can rise to the occasion and give up this data.

John

EarlC's picture
Plus Member Moderator

Yes, there ARE many, many solutions, some of them affordable, to doing this. But when you go the bailing wire and bubble gum approach, and even attempt simpler, more affordable approaches, you will always run into issues before, during and after your webcast projects.

If I EVER have the money and decide to pursue this line of business in a BIG way, I will HAVE to invest in at least the system built and offered by NewTek. It rocks!

EarlC's picture
Plus Member Moderator

Oh, and check and see what livecast, formerly mogulus, can offer you by way of suggestions, perhaps they have a FAQ section that will help you utilize your present equipment along with their affordable, and reported easy enough, approach to this.

TheScientist's picture

NewTek - will look at - thank you - I saw it once but only as I flew by my Inet surfing. On my way there now...but looking forward to more specific solutions if this does not work.

Thank you again,

John

TheScientist's picture

We are doing livestream - see our presently "IN CONSTRUCTION" Site http://www.hollywoodpokerschool.tv.

The issue/the problem is the camera and more we are using is unstable. Firewire - connector in computer is just ok/connector in Camera, Canon HV30 is small firewire, we move camera, camera connector dislodges and Inet Stream goes kaput/disconnects.

LiveStream is good and has nice studio but even there, there is issue, the issue????

There is a serious and noticeable lag time between camera switching or camera switch to ready to view motion graphics.

So the proposed solution is video switch/mixer and prepare everything on the client (this end) then stream out to streaming provider; in this case, livestream.

Your thoughts/comments/insight/questions is/are welcome and appreciated.

John

EarlC's picture
Plus Member Moderator

Cummon in, Julia2009, the water's fine! :-)

John, I've NO practical experience beyond what I read at the forums, especially video university ($25 a year to post and read the "members only" section where some serious information regarding this is posted). I understand it, but do not have the experience and technical knowledge beyond knowing that I WANT to pursue it, and intend to seriously work budgeting capital investment on the NewTek Tri-Caster as my means for developing business in this arena.

There are also others at such forums as wedvidpro, dvprofessionals, maybe even here, somewhere in the videomaker archives, where a LOT of information is being shared regarding successful and dependable, as well as affordable, methods for internet streaming production. This is certainly an area where a good, common sense, non-technical but specific how to would bring somebody huge bucks.