You are here

problem applying transition effect

argie01's picture

Hello,

I'm using Sony Vegas Pro 11 and I have a problem when I insert a transition between videos: not always the transition is applied on both videos, and most time the transition is applied just on one of the two videos.
I had a similar problem with Sony Vegas Pro 10, and I never was able to find a solution.

The transition I'm trying to apply is called "Sony Cross effect" --> "Default" and/or "Slow cross zoom A/B". I just simply drag the effect to the junction of both videos, and when the effect's window is open I select "blur" and "both [sides]".

But I have similar problem with other transition effects, too.

So, is this a software bug, or I'm doing something wrong?

Thank you for your help.

Cville's picture

The 2 videos have to overlap to be able to apply a transition. When you overlap the two videos the default is a cross disolve.

We don’t make movies to make money, we make money to make more movies.- Walt Disney 

www.ynotvideo.us

argie01's picture

Yes, you are right. But if I overlaped the videos then I can't apply other transition effect than the default one, isn't it?

Jack Wolcott's picture
Plus Member

When you overlap clips you can apply transitions repeatedly until you get one you like. E.g., overlap clips and drop on the Zoom transition. Don't like it, just drop on a different transition and the Zoom will be replaced. Want to remove all transitions and have nothing but a cross fade: right click on the transition and select from the drop-down menu.

If you're still having problems, consult the Help menu. It's very helpful!

Jack

rs170a's picture

Here are two more tips for you.

#1. Highlight and loop the transition area so that it plays over and over again. To drop a new transition on it, hold down the Ctrl key while dragging and dropping it on so that the window won't keep popping up (unless you want it to).

#2. Clicking the transition and then clicking the backslash key on the numeric keypad will cause it to go back to a cross fade.

Mike