You are here

Pls Help!!! Convert Analog to digital imac

hodgeon5th's picture

I have a Sony DCR-DVD301 mini discs and I want to get them onto my imac (imovie 09) I bought a elgato video capture from the apple store but i believe it is wrong because it does not have any cables to connect to my Sony...it looks like it is more for a VCR?

schweersvp's picture

The USB 2.0 interface provides an easy way to connect your DVD Handycam camcorder to your computer for transfer of video. Just use the cables that came with your camera and connect it to your iMac via the USB port and transfer away. If you'd rather rip the media off the dvd consider DVDxDV, http://www.dvdxdv.com Good Luck!

hodgeon5th's picture

But it will not transfer onto my imac...because it is analog....i need to have something to convert it to digital so my imovie 09 will accept it

schweersvp's picture

I'm using an old Sony Hi8 camcorder to transfer my analog video to my Mac. I use FCP not iMovie. Consider the DVDtoDV software. It grabs all the media off your DVD and makes it a Quicktime .mov file. Then import that into iMovie. I also read that a user got great results with importing .wmv files into iMovie. I wish I could be more help. Good Luck!

schweersvp's picture

Take a gander at Flip4Mac-- Flip4Mac WMV Components allow you to import, export and play Windows Media video and audio files on your Mac. Flip4Mac WMV plug-ins can be used with most QuickTime based applications, including QuickTime Player, iMovie '06**, Final Cut Pro and more. Good Luck!