You are here

Please help me!!

rowinfre's picture

<span>Hi Guys.</span>
<span>I want to know if someone can help me. I recently bought a Panasonic AG AC160 video camera. also I bought an external microphone a Panasonic AG-MC200G. What I want is to shut down the built in microphone in order to use only the external microphone in a boom pole. I have read the manual several times but I cant understand how to do it or maybe theres lack of information about how to shut down the built in mic. I someone knows how to do it.please send me how to do it step by step. You can answer me here in the forum or to my email;</span>rowinfre@gmail.com<span>. Thanks a lot. Happy filming!!</span>

Rob Grauert's picture

I'm not familier with this camera, but have you checked to see if the camera records each input to a different channel? For example:

CH1 & CH2: the built-in mic

CH3 an XLR connection

CH4: the remaining XLR connection

If that's the case, you'd either completely lower the audio levels for CH1 and CH2 or just delete them when you lay your footage onto a timeline when you're editing.

BruceMol's picture

Page 41 of your manual implies you should switch to input from internal - are you saying that doesn't work?

rowinfre's picture

Rob, Bruce Jack....thanks a lot for your help. I'm going to try again. I will contact you in case it doesn't function as ne3eded. God Bless you all.

Videohubs's picture

Any time I'm in your situation I typically follow Rob's advice and either turn the levels for the internal mic all the way down or, more often than not, remove that channel in post and use a channel fill to make the external source audio stereo (ex. Fill Right or Fill Left in Premiere CS6). Good Luck!

Ed Rogers's picture
Plus Member

This site seems to be the best "Customer Support" site I've ever come across - Keep up the great work!!!