You are here

PLEASE CRITIQUE MY TWO VIDEOS. NEED YOUR ADVICE.

barbaralaketahoe's picture

PLEASE CRITIQUE MY TWO VIDEOS. I just found this forum last night, and am new to video making. I truly love it, and want to learn all I can. The tips & tricks page seems to be a really great place to start. I have been learning Pinnacle on my own since January of this year when I have a chance.

I would like to make travel aid DVDS for Tahoe and Reno, etc... for sale on eBay, so, when I do I want them to be high quality with great effects. I would like to speed up my learning process now. I could use anyone's advice, and would appreciate it.

I have a Michael Jordon & Tony Romo video that I need to - hold my breath -edit together, and get up for sale. I find the still photo videos so much easier, and just plain fun. Video videos much harder.

Thank you to anyone & everyone who replies back!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyFHgeHS-JY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxO3xTWA-Ps&feature=user

artismobile's picture

Nice. I like them. I had a bit of a problem reading the credits at the end. Dunno if the font was too thin or my age and eyesite! Keep making them.

Art

Art White
Expressions Video, Express Yourself!
www.expressionsvideo.com

chrisColorado's picture

Nice! I liked the "Heaven Created by GOD" at the end of your second one. The second one's transitions/musicmade me think of something that would be playing in a Hallmark store at Christmas time. (Yes, my Mom used to take us to Hallmark.)

what kind of camera did you use? I've always wanted to take pictures like that.

You have the well known "Ken Burns" effect down cold. good job!

stuff I didn't like (you can skip this part until later): Like Art said above, the red credits at the end of the first one were hard to read on top of the black and white photo. It was probably the font the text was in(thicker fonts are easier to read), but extra drop shadow or a different color would help too.

Many of the picturesneeded tobe "perked up" with either Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop. Just some color correction and sharpening.

The first one seemed very slow, but that might be because it was the first one I watched.

Nice! I liked the "Heaven Created by GOD" at the end of your second one. The second one's transitions/musicmade me think of something that would be playing in a Hallmark store at Christmas time. (Yes, my Mom used to take us to Hallmark.) what kind of camera did you use? I've always wanted to take pictures like that. You have the well known "Ken Burns" effect down cold. good job! stuff I didn't like (you can skip this part until later): Like Art said above, the red credits at the end of the first one were hard to read on top of the black and white photo. It was probably the font the text was in(thicker fonts are easier to read), but extra drop shadow or a different color would help too. Many of the picturesneeded tobe "perked up" with either Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop. Just some color correction and sharpening. The first one seemed very slow, but that might be because it was the first one I watched.

THANKS ART & CHRIS FOR YOUR COMMENTS!!

Chris, you and Art are both correct about the red script font at end of Reno video, not to justify leaving it in there, but it was 6am and I was tried lol... and I said to myself "Oh well, no one is going to read the credits anyway! That was just tired talking. Silly, won't say that again! Thanks."

Believe it or not, all those pics taken in the Reno video with the exception of the blk & wh ones were taken with my cell phone!! We were down from Tahoe in Reno buying a car, and I had no video cam or camera of any kind with me to take pics of these great viewsfrom 25 floors up in Harrah's of Reno, so, I took out my trusty Nokia cell phone lol!! You are absolutely right, I should have taken them into photoshop to perk them up! I love hearing about all these things through someone else's eyes.

The Tahoe video (hang on to your seat)were all taken with a very antique digital camera, probably one of the first made. It is a floppy disk camera!! "Sony Digital Mavica 2X" it takes incredible pictures. Yes, looking back each frame was to slow, it was one of my first videos trying to learn Pinnacle. I like that you thought of Hallmark though, and besides the snowy street shot from the 18th floor of Harrah's I liked the Heaven Created by GOD frame the most too.

Not wanting to sound totally green, tell me about Ken Burns, and his effects. Please.

Thanks again guys for your replies!! Barbara

chrisColorado's picture

ken burns is the documentarian who popularized zooming and panning around a photo to make it look like video. This is what you did with your photos. some people think this is cool.

That's pretty sweet that you used pictures from your cell phone! I'm into internet freeware and found a free internet video editing software that can edit video from cell phones. It's called Avidemux and I'll be writing a chapter about it in my videomaker blog soon ("Free Stuff: Making Your Dream Movie for Nothing").

What version of pinnacle did you use? I don't like pinnacle AT ALL, but I've only used 11 Plus, I've heard the Ultimate versions are nice.

ken burns is the documentarian who popularized zooming and panning around a photo to make it look like video. This is what you did with your photos. some people think this is cool. That's pretty sweet that you used pictures from your cell phone! I'm into internet freeware and found a free internet video editing software that can edit video from cell phones. It's called Avidemux and I'll be writing a chapter about it in my videomaker blog soon ("Free Stuff: Making Your Dream Movie for Nothing"). What version of pinnacle did you use? I don't like pinnacle AT ALL, but I've only used 11 Plus, I've heard the Ultimate versions are nice.

Pinnacle is all I know thus far anyway lol... it is Studio MediaSuite version 10.5 Titanium Edition $99.00 online, ugh! Let me know when you write your chapter for your blog, will keep reading after that.

When I used my cell phone I just took still picsnot video. I have never used my video part of my cell phone, tried itonce didn'tlike it. I made the video from just stills.

I am really jazzed that what I did in my video was similar to what someone famous does. It is just what I was seeing & feeling when making video. I will go back and try to see what you are telling me.

Thanks Chris, Barbara