You are here

Placing 16:9 clip in 4:3 movie PPro CS3

ivantaylor's picture

I have been given a clip that was shot in 16:9 format (clip A). The presentation movie is in 4:3 (movie B). I have to edit the 16:9 clip and incorporate it into the 4:3 movie.

What I have tried makes clip A figures, text, etc. look tall and skinny. How can I keep the aspect ratio so it will look good and fit in movie B? I don't know what to do.

What would the workflow be, step by step e.g. insert clip A then add text and effects, add text and effects then insert clip A, other? I have After Effects available if that would help accomplish what I need.

Thank you for your time.

Ivan

composite1's picture
Plus Member Moderator

Ivan,

Off the top of my head the simplest solution is to put a 4:3 'mask' on the video you want to use. Tough part will be keeping the point of interest in frame if the shooter took full advantage of the 16:9 frame. As you've already found out, resizing doesn't give good results. Look in the Help section of PPro CS3 for 4:3 and 16:9 masks to see how you can apply them. You could do it in AFX as well.

H.Wolfgang Porter, Composite Media Producer Dreaded Enterprises Unlimited, Inc. www.dreadedenterprises.com