You are here

Open Sourse?

franko's picture

hello, i used to read video maker all the time when i was studying film in middle school and high school as a kid. after i moved i stoped getting it. and this year finaly started again. i appreciate it alot more since i am in college studying media arts now. my main question is, does anyone here have any info about open sourse software for windows that is equivalent to software discussed on here? i have seen some that i have found on my own shown in the magazine. such as the editor Jaushaka and audio editor Audacity. but i dont make money off of video and still just tinker with it for fun and media classes. and i figured maybe someone here may have an inside knowing of a network of various video production open source software for windows that i can find. thanks,

Franko

barryG's picture

I am in the same realm seeking open source. I have found some, and it helped lead to other software to purchase just for windows. Great work by the open source community.

Avidemux

virtualDub

audacity

gimp

gtk+ for windows

I also use TCL for windows (a scripting language unrelated)

WinFF is fanstastic as well, very fast (helps me determine what could take a loooong time in seconds)

The above programs are a lifesaver, and I learned how much bs there really is with what they offered simply to prove it to myself. As far as a better video editor. Well win movie maker and the adobe premiere software is about all i could find within a chance to get cheaply and function well to add effects, and work with mp4 directly (adobe)

franko's picture

thanks alot BarryG. this will give me some new stuff to play with and learn with this semester. it will eventually lead to me buying software. but i am of course gonna use free equivalents to learn about how to use them. thanks again!

Franko