You are here

New user which software to buy help!

codabass's picture

Hi, I want to put together a memorial slide show to post on youtube. A tribute to my sister who recently passed away. I have lots of photos to use as a story book. I also want to add my own music along with the photos, her life's story in say 5 minutes of a slideshow video if you will. Then uploaded to youtube so friends and family can watch and hear it. I have a winxp and win 7 pc. I have never created a slideshow video. I have no idea which software to buy. I read some conflicting reviews on a few. Please, can anyone help me and suggest an easy to use software to complete this task? Thank you very much in advance..jim

Michael White's picture

Hey Jim, if your near Sheboygan, Wisconsin, I'd be happy to have to stop by and edit on one of my machines -- free.  I remember going through your same delemma when I started. If you're only planning on doing the one video, then maybe downloading a free editor would serve your needs -- search the Internet and you'll find enough free editors for simple uses.

codabass's picture

Thank you for the offer, but I live in s. calif. I have looked at some of the free downloads, but I suspect once I do this I will be bitten by th bug and will want to continue down the path. So am looking for under $200.00 program for a win.7 or xp system. I use pro tools as my music sequencer and would like to use it for this video project to interject the music score to the slideshow type video storyboard.

Charles Schultz's picture

You may want to check out Adobe Premiere Elements, I am not sure on how many transitions the program has but it is around $120, I use the pro version.http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements.html?kw=p&sdid=EPZSX&skwcid=TC|22180|adobe%20premiere%20elements||S|b|8526333314

birdcat's picture
Plus Member Moderator

Earl, one of the forum moderators, has specialized in this area - He has a blog and website that can help.

Earl - Maybe you can elaborate.

Bruce Paul 7Squared Productions http://www.7squared.com

Daniel Bruns's picture
Plus Member

If you're looking to do something quick yet professional you could use this online tool for making slideshows with music, photos, and video:http://animoto.com/. I was just at a wedding where a groom who didn't know much about video ended up making a nice slideshow using Animoto. I thought the results were fantastic! For what you're looking to do, you can buy a package from them that costs $39 - a pretty good price for putting in way less work while still having a good look. Animoto will then make a flash video file of the final edit which can be easily uploaded to YouTube. They'll also let you download the video from their site to burn to a DVD! Could be a good solution for you and could save you $150 or more in editing software costs :)

socalguy27's picture

pinnacle studio HD ultimate.

i got mine for $95

Very user friendly, with an easy to navigate interface...

Great for ameature users.