You are here

New to Filming with Canon T3i

robvile's picture

Hi everyone, I'm relatively new to filming with DSLR's and was wondering what types of lenses work really well for all types of shots. As of now, I've got 18-55mm & 75-300mm lenses, and was considering picking up a 500mm, 50mm, and 28mm wide angle lens...

But like I said, I'm not sure where to even start. I do a lot of high contrast video's, quick action, and steady movement, and because I'm new to the DSLR film world I'm hoping for some advice.

Thank you everyone,

Rob

Anonymous (not verified)

One thing that is important is that you get a nice bog class 10 32gb would be best. Another issue is that when the camera moves a lot you will get rolling shutter so be carefull when moving camera.

Dave Navarro's picture

is a good lens to have.  Other than that, I'd work with what you have.  More than anything, you should just be out shooting as much video as you can every single day.

That is how I  learned what lenses I needed for "work".

I just recently upgraded my T2i to a T4i and I have a Tamron 17-50mm F/2.8, Canon 18-135mm, Sigma 70-200mm F/2.8, and a bunch of manual primes (Nikon, Pentax, etc..) that I use with EF adapters.