You are here

Need Help With Vegas Please!!

soia1979's picture
I just got Sony Vegas Movie Studio and am having a bit of trouble. I've been capturing footage through Vegas from my Panasonic PV-GS300. In the capture window, I can preview the footage and it plays perfectly with both audio/video. Then, when I move the footage into the timeline to edit it, I have perfect video but no sound what-so-ever.

I've tried everything I can think of, but just can't get it to work. Can somebody please give me a tip? Pretty please!! Thanks for any information you can help me with.

compusolver's picture
Some tips:

#1 about posting here:

1. Fill out your profile
2. Especially with an impersonal username, sign off with your first name or nickname.
3. Avoid begging.

#2 about your issue:

I don't use this software, but most NLE's give options for moving video only; audio only or video and audio onto your timeline.

If you're sure you've got that part covered, then perhaps you really didn't capture your audio after all. Is is possibly that your NLE is set to playback through your camera and that you're hearing the audio through that when you preview?

Double check that last point by using your Windows Exporer (aka File Manager) and click on an AVI. It should play through Media Player. If you hear audio here, then check your playback options in your NLE and test using this same AVI that you know has audio.

All trouble shooting is a matter of removing as many variables as possible, then testing until you've narrowed the problem down to a single possibility, then taking a big hammer...no, wait..better not.

birdcat's picture
I just got Sony Vegas Movie Studio and am having a bit of trouble. I've been capturing footage through Vegas from my Panasonic PV-GS300. In the capture window, I can preview the footage and it plays perfectly with both audio/video. Then, when I move the footage into the timeline to edit it, I have perfect video but no sound what-so-ever.

OK - You can preview it but did you actually capture it. I am assuming (gets me into trouble much) that you have the camera hooked up via a FireWire (IEEE 1394 or iLink) connection. I believe the "Preview" is just playing the tape while "Capture" would actally grab the DV source and put it on your hard drive for future work.

Lemme know.

Bruce

Bruce Paul 7Squared Productions http://www.7squared.com

JeffD's picture
I can preview the footage and it plays perfectly with both audio/video. Then, when I move the footage into the timeline to edit it, I have perfect video but no sound what-so-ever.

I use Sony Vegas Studio (Platinum) to capture from my Panasonic (PV-GS65) via Firewire.

First thing to try: Select OPTIONS from the Sony Capture program, then PREFERENCES. Look at the CAPTURE tab and make sure "Capture Audio" is checkmarked.

If that's not it, post more details; I'll try again.