You are here

Need a service that allows me to sell video streams from my website

blindlemonjefferson's picture

Hi guys, long time lurker, first post, be gentle.

I'm looking for a service that will allow me to sell my videos directly through my website.

Basically, people can purchase a video, and then watch it directly on my website as many times as they like, on as many devices as they like, once they've purchased the video.

I'm at my wits end trying to figure out a way to do this, and any help would be greatly appreciated. I figured someone here might have experience with selling video streams from a website.

Luis Maymi's picture
Plus Member

This can be easily done using Paypal and a video player with domain level privacy or password protection (such as Vimeo Plus). First get a Paypal business account (which is free) and create a Paypal payment button with the price you want. Then upload your video to Vimeo and use either password protection or domain level privacy (which let you embed your video to specific places on the web, in this case your website).

After you have this two create a section in your website (better known as a landing page) with the Paypal Buy Now button and a sample of the video (or anything else you want). Your customer will checkout with Paypal and after their payment they will be redirected to your video (you need to make this redirect in your Paypal account). You can also send them the secure URL of the video to their email and I recommend having a downloadable version of the video along with the purchase.

With this method you don't need any complicated and expensive services, you do it all yourself. Of course, test it out before selling anything.

-

"The meaning of a movie are the characters, the life of the movie is the music, but the magic is in the editing" –  http://www.lomaymi.com

dagunner's picture

Is anyone doing this yet? Any lessons learned? I want to try this out this year for my racing videos.

dagunner's picture

Based out of Hungary? The Facebook page for them reads a little bit off. Only 140 likes. Been around since 2008. Are you using them?