You are here

Multicam Video Editing Software

CyberScreen's picture

I am looking for feedback on who has the best Multicam Video Editing Software that runs on a personal computer. I know that some of the newer packages have this feature built in. I know that some people have used workarounds for older software such as Premier 6. Is there anyone out there who has any strong options on a good way to go?

Thanks, MCTV

XTR-91's picture

A very functionable NLE, Sony Vegas Pro 9 supports MultiCam editing, and is relatively cheap in wholesale right now. Might not be the fastest in multicam editing, as my 1.66 GHz Core2Duo system runs very slick until you enter the suite of real-time multicam editing, though - may be all relative.

skoegler's picture

I've been using Premiere Pro CS4 for 3 cam videos. Once you get the basics, it's dead simple. I use one Sony HD and 2 Flip HD cams, and even with the differing frame rates and resolution, they all match up easily.

lmenningen's picture
Plus Member

I use Premiere Pro CS4 and I can't imagine an easier way to do it. It works just as if you are live at the event and sitting behind the video switcher with the monitors in front of you. You study the monitors and switch from cam 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 as you deem best and the output of the switcher is recorded on a timeline.

Yet it is superior to a switcher in that you can easily edit the switch points after the fact (on the timeline), something you cannot do with the live switcher.