You are here

Monitors for PC

ophelia's picture

Hopefully this is the correct location for this question: if money was not a factor in your decision, which brand of monitor, which size and how many would youchoose for your PC / workstation?

EarlC's picture
Plus Member Moderator

Sony, HP and JVC, as well as Samsung, have GREAT monitors. And ViewSonic usually has something that stands out. I "get by" with a pair of Acer 23' units, and would like to have two higher end work monitors and a HUGE plasma or LCD hanging on the wall behind and above for viewing the results, price not being a consideration. There's also LaCie ... I don't think, after a bit of comparison and study between each brand's high end monitors, I could go THAT wrong with any of them.

The HP Compaq FS 7550 Carbon scored 96 out of 100 at Wize.com and Apple's 23" scored 95. NEC's LCD2070NX-BK LCD scored a 99 and Samsung's SyncMaster 214T Flat panel display TFT tallied a 98. BenQ has some high-ranked monitors as well.

Being on the Mac, however, I'd want a pair of their 30-inch HD flat panels or Cinema Display 27" models, or I'd go with something in the NEC MultiSync arena myself.

birdcat's picture
Plus Member Moderator

I agree with Earls choices, but you also may want to look at ASUS - They are OEM for many other brands and have a price edge over Sony & Samsung. I also have an Acer 22" but the ASUS 24" is now my main monitor.

Bruce Paul 7Squared Productions http://www.7squared.com

MediaFish's picture

I recently went to a 42" Vizio 1080p LCD TV monitor using the HDMI input. I picked it up for $329 at a local wholesale house. They had the Razor's for $399 but the picture on the one I got seemed to be better. Before this I was using a 32" Vizio 720p LCD TV monitor I bought when it first came out for over $600.00 - funny how the times change.

Jeff Media Fish Productions