You are here

Lowell video light

iriska's picture

Hi everybody,

Just a few words as introduction - I am quite active in photography, and also in wedding photography field. For having more flexibility during wedding photo sessions and for not being dependent from (sometimes not very optimal) ligt conditions, I recently decided to purchase a video light - and the light of my choice was Lowell id light.

May I please ask your experience with this light ? Are there any particular point // point of attention I should be aware of ?

Also, as a part of my order, there was a battery I decided to acquire - as compared to the initially suggested battery-belt (with the total cost of over EUR 700), I went for less flexible solution for the beginning consisting in buying normal accus - in form of a quite compact box weighting 4 kg for around EUR 60 - but may be you are aware of more flexible // optimal not expensive solutions ?

Many thanks in advance for your answers,

Irina

( photographe mariage Metz )

grinner's picture

I like a dimmable led light on my head, not on the camera and a few LEDS in my pocket for when I need em. Costs less than 20 bucks at Ace hardware.

I've not broken my Lowel kit out more than twice in the last year. That said, I shoot a lot of documentary and reality content. I don't mind lighting interviews correctly when warranted. Just seldom warranted here.

D0n
D0n's picture

if you are shooting with d-slrs as well as video cams I'd thing you'd do well to consider a compact video light that can mount on all your cameras hotshoes as well as any off camera lights you think will fit your needs....

I find by having a video light on my d-slr hotshoe I can work in low light and switch-hit from stills to video quickly..

I went with a small sony unit that runs on AA's because I try to limit how many propriety batteries and chargers needed... My portable flashes and video lights as well as my video d-slrs (pentax kr's) all take the same batteries AA nimh rechargeables.... a fast charger and smart charger and eight sets of batteries in one kit bag...

then my sony camcorders and accessories in another kit bag, and lastly my stills d-slrs in another bag...

trust me, on a shoot is no time to be looking for a propriety battery when you're running multiple cameras/systems, and accessories! especially if you find your self with ten fully charged batteries and the one you need is dead! lol!

Yvon Robert's picture

Hi,

Check also the new led light from China this cost $50 to $75 dimmable, battery power check up can use standard AA battery or Panasonic or Sony video camera battery I recycle my Panasonic battery.

At least 3 companies sell this on the web.

Regards,

YR

Shaun's picture

I just got a Litepanels LP MicroPro which is fantastic. I do a lot of Asian Wedding Videos which is often under difficult light. My wife is a wedding photographer and she also borrows it for weddings which is great. We wanted a light that would work nicely for wedding video and wedding photography and this was definitely a good choice.