You are here

Looking To Hire Videographers For Nature Footage

Bioshift's picture

Hi, I am with a web development group (brand new to the forum), and we are looking to build HD content on one of our sites. We are looking for shooters with HD format cameras located in places that have serene natural settings. We are looking for locked off footage and will pay shooters to gather footage.

We are looking for lots of footage and it must be long form and locked off, well framed with on board audio included.

If anyone is interested pm me and we can discuss payment and location specifics.

Cheers!

Anonymous (not verified)

Hi, We have some pretty serene places in Wales, the Brecon Beacons, the Severn Estuary, Snowdonia to name but three. If you are interested in footage from outside the States let me know. I can fill all the criteria you set in your post but I don't really want to shoot in the US unless you can arrange - and pay for - flights, visa, hotel accomodation and living expenses etc :o). Can also provide such footage from France or Italy if required.

Anonymous (not verified)

Hi there,

I live on the Norfolk Broads, UK. Often have the chance to film the sights, rivers, the coast, wildlife. I also spend my summers in New York, USA in the countryside at a place called Cold Spring. This area has lakes, waterfalls, hills, woodland and some surreal wildlife.

Let me know if I can get anything for you.

Steve

video_fx_pro's picture

Hi, I spend most of my time in the Yorkshire Dales. I can get footage of famous waterfalls, idyllic streams & rivers (deep & shallow) panaramic scenes from the tops of the dales hills, caves, amimals & birds, stately homes in the distance with large grounds, lakes, etc, etc.

Aysgarth
Falls

Peregrine Falcons at Malham Cove

etc...

Anything you need. 1080 HD footage. Email me the specifics.

connor@glcmediaproductions.co.uk / or /g_connor@live.co.uk

I would enjoy this shoot.

Connor

the_uiuoftheocb's picture

hi,

i live in Sydney,less thanan hour away in either direction (except east) from some fantastic natural wonders!!

I got a Panasonic 202AEN So HD no prob! I Got a great Mobile Audio rig as well

If you ever need Aussie Stuff... let me know!

uiuoftheocb@gmail.com

Anonymous (not verified)

Hi, good to see some more Brits on this forum- and an Aussie too!! No doubt there are loads more butthe Broads, the Yorkshire Dales and Wales have some stunning beauty spots and as for Australia, the place is justoverflowing with em. Maybe we should pool our footage and set up an agency!!! Just a thought....

EarlC's picture
Plus Member Moderator

Why not share a link, and provide some kind of general idea of what the pay/agreement might be? Even a response to the replies already posted would be informative.

tdcreasman's picture

I am in the southeast region of tennessee,about an hours drive from the great smokey mtns.,tellico,pigeon forge,gatlingurg,etc. .

Although I dont know exactly wat you are are seeking,I would be interested in learning more about it.

EarlC's picture
Plus Member Moderator

A locked positioned tripod, no movement, tightly framed and recording what happens - solid, steady, no vibrations.

pseudosafari's picture

Thank you EarlC. It appears birdcat's video is not "locked off" then(camera moves). Heheh. But cool, nonetheless. What color.

Lito's picture

Hello! My name is Lito Beltran and I'm from the PHilippines where many natural wonders can be found. I am interested in providing you with a lot of footages. Like what Earlc said, if you can provide more info about the arrangement please. Been in the video business since 1989. To date, I just acquired a brand New SONY HXR-NX5 and be glad to use it on this project.

EarlC's picture
Plus Member Moderator

Bio posted and has received replies and comments but is not responding even to PMs. Why?

Lito's picture

Who is this guy? Is he for real or just testing if there will be responses.

EarlC's picture
Plus Member Moderator

It is rather frustrating that the person who posted this original thread doesn't respond to the thread responses OR private messages. Probably gone on to other things as this likely proved too much need for some information or transparency that was not available.

Which brings up a good thought as mentioned by others. Could be that a joint sharing forum of solid high quality footage developed by VM Forum members where individuals could ask for and offer "exchange" footage for their specific needs????

pseudosafari's picture

FYI I PM'd them a month ago when this post started, asking what "locked off" meant. I never got a response, either. Thanks to EarlC, however, I've added that term to my videomaking vocab. ;)

EarlC's picture
Plus Member Moderator

Seems to me they've not so much focused on "locked off" as they have somehow "wandered off" somewhere. Talk about lack of response.

slither's picture

I love your idea of sharing footage in a forum, EarlC. I've got some great HD time lapse and driving footage.

Wildlife HD's picture

We would be interested in supplying you with some Great Australian clips in Full HD. All our footage is of Australian nature.

Please feel free to contact me directly via our web site at www.wildlifehd.org

Regards

Mark.

SteveMann's picture

Wildlife - the OP has, to the best of my knowledge, ever responded to anyone, and the post at the top is his only post on the forum.

You do have a nice website.

Wildlife HD's picture

Hi Steve,
I thought that may have been the case.
Anyway, still trying to work out his saying, Locked Off. It seems as if we will never find out.
Regards
Mark Leuschner.

shastabroadcaster's picture

Earl: Back to your notion of a footage co-op exchange, I like it. Given the number of locales represented here it makes sense. Not sure who would be willing to host/maintain it. When I see a 30 sec HD clip going for upwards of $500 or more I do have to wonder how much of that is going to the person who actually went out there and got the shot. It might be a good way to have your portfolio out there for all to see.

One question, there was a reference to "Long Form" which I assume refers to Long-GOP MPEG-2 ??? I have a pair of JVC HD7s that shoot HD but deliver it in that beloved .m2p wrapper, but I discovered it imports directly to Vegas Pro. I also have the option of taking the HDMI out of the camera and feeding that to my Black Magic Intensity Pro card.

What IS the preferred delivery format these days?

BB

EarlC's picture
Plus Member Moderator

Shasta, see my response to your question on the other post about a stock footage cooperative

http://www.videomaker.com/community/forums/topic/cooperative-stock-production

During a quick "research" I discovered that formats are pretty much all over the board, with PHOTO JPEG the predominant one among those I perused during a Google search.

I thought I'd stick to that aspect of things there, rather than here, or both. Sorry.