You are here

Looking for program that will light up points on the map

contrain's picture

<span style="color: #000000; font-family: Verdana; font-size: small;" color="#000000" face="Verdana" size="2">I would like to know if there is a program, or how to create the effect of having a light blink at various points on a US map representing cities. So as I do a voice over mentioning different cities in the US, a light on a map will blink where that city is located. Then I want to create a beam of light effect connecting each city to the others. </span>

Luis Maymi's picture
Plus Member

Contrain the effect your looking is not hard to do, but before I want to askwhat software do you currently have? After knowing this Videomakers community may be able to help you better.

-

"The meaning of a movie are the characters, the life of the movie is the music, but the magic is in the editing" –  http://www.lomaymi.com

paulears's picture

If I was doing it, I'd probably NOT use after effects, but just produce the effect in photoshop and then bring the files into premiere.

contrain's picture

I'm currently using Adobe CS 5 so I have After Effects and Photo Shop. I am just learning the programs but have a little more familiarity with AE than Photo Shop.

paulears's picture

If you make up a blinking light (static) clip, then you could simply overlay this in premiere when you edit, and then using keyframes, just track the light along the road. I suspect if the idea is to have a static map and moving flashing light, this would be the simplest.

Harry Brooks's picture

with premiere you could always do a simple title with a yellow dot, line it up with the map showing under the titler and then just name your titles as the cities. Hope I explained. keyframe for lightup or cut and paste for blinking.

Harry

Give the Bride What She Wants!