You are here

Light weight options to backup HD footage while traveling

sarahkreen's picture

Hi Everyone,

I'm going to be traveling and shooting approx 3 hours everyday around S.E. Asia for 3 months. I'm deciding between a Canon HFS and HFN 31 right now but want to be able to download and backup footage every couple of days. What would be the most lightweight option to do this? I first thought of the MacBook Air but it doesn't have a firewire port and only one USB post. Is there a PC option or am I missing something like a go-between that would literally make it possible to download files directly from the camera to a hard drive?

Many thanks in advance for you help.

CraftersOfLight's picture
Plus Member

Here is a link that give a list of other similar devices. You will want to read their long descriptions to see if they would work in your aplication.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Stand-Alone-Data-Storage/ci/3369/N/4289948200

Life is not a guided tour nor a destination. It is a journey. Take the time to enjoy your family, friends and surroundings. Build memories. Share experiences. Travel at sight speed not light speed. (C)

composite1's picture
Plus Member Moderator

Sarah,

Take a look at my latest post on the "Good Answer for Field Flash Storage" there's another model of flash storage that might be more in line with your needs and pocketbook.

Crafters,

Dude, I notice you recommend a lot of my posts. Thanks man (sniffle.)

H.Wolfgang Porter, Composite Media Producer Dreaded Enterprises Unlimited, Inc. www.dreadedenterprises.com