You are here

JVC Tape Device in Windows XP

chitlin's picture
I'm starting to panic. I recently purchased a JVC GR-HD1 (mistake number one) and did some tests shots. The video captured fine to my laptop as a test. Then I filmed a wedding this past weekend and got over six hours of footage with the camera in HD mode. Now I am ready to capture and edit, and I can't get the video captured correctly. Here's what I'm using:

Windows XP Service Pack 2 with 1 GB or RAM, 2.4 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 Capture utility within Premiere
Firewire Connection between JVC and computer

When I plug in the camcorder via Firewire, the computer recognizes it as a AV/C Device, not a JVC Tape Device as the manual and other online forums say it should. When I capture video, the picture looks fine, but the audio is malfunctioning -- specifically, it only gets the first 15 seconds or so of audio, and loops it for the whole hour long tape! The audio on the tape is fine as I watch it and listen to it on the JVC with headphones. What could be going wrong?

Also, when I try to manually install my JVC Tape Device as it asks, my computer (Win XP) doesn't have JVC as the name of a manufacturer!

JVC Support won't help, and no one else seems to know what to do... If I don't get this video out soon, I'll be up a creek with the bride!