You are here

just in hell - premiere elements > youtube

xoxos's picture

Hi,

I make audio software and have been struggling to make instructional videos.

The first issue I/we have had is finding a screenrecorder program. It took me a full day to find a software and codec combo that was remotely passable and the timing drifts - some parts are synced, others are up to 3 seconds off.

*Any* advice here on softs or codecs is welcomed.. I am part of the synthedit community and there's several of us that have been attempting to do this. It's frustrating given that gamers have evidently been capturing screen activity easily for years. Obviously, some amount of synchronisation between video and audio content is necessary.

My solution was CamStudio's codec with AviScreenClassic. Many other softs were unusable - black screening in premiere elements, jittery keyframing, et c. et c. I used an audio program to record audio, which is obviously correctly temporally calibrated.

Win xp2 on a dual core..

...A day later.. with content in Premiere Elements, I have pieced together a trashy, frustrated vid and uploaded it to youtube..

..their conversion process has transformed my 3 1/2 minute video into 10+ minutes.

Obviously, this will not do! I really don't want to lose day after day of development time troubleshooting a field I am greatly nescient about. Getting screen activity onto youtube shouldn't be this much of a hassle, should it??

Several of the export options are really not suitable, eg. quicktime has tragically poor audio (5.5kHz with no antialiasing prefilter?!!!! destroys voice, let alone instrumental content).

So:

Screen Recorder advice -

Premiere Elements > Youtube advice - what works for you??

Any assistance will be shared with several users and is very gratefully accepted!

Sincerely!

Rurik.

http://www.xoxos.net

frustrated and hasty first attempt here (crooked titles are produced by accidental clicks with an impetus to move on and solve the logistics..)

http://www.breathcube.com/miniseries1.wmv

xoxos's picture

Thanks for the replies, my guess is it due to the frame size as JB indicated.

I selected an arbitrary screen region for my screen record based upon economical capture of the gui region. I assumed it would have no difficulty correcting for the region.

With the same material I achieved an 320.240 export candidate from Premiere Express 3.(.002 or similar)at a'reasonable' size for transfer of ~40 meg (for 3.5 minutes) in mpeg1. I haven't investigated expanded codec and plugin options yet; other formats were poor or ridiculously large, considering the'stretched on youtube'.wmv is of equal quality at 3.4 megs.