You are here

Input MIC

dkntz6489's picture

I'm looking for camcorder that offers an Input Mic. Are there any HD camcorders for under $400.00 with this option.

Thanks

XTR-91's picture

"I'm looking for camcorder that offers an Input Mic" ... "$400.00"

Unfortunately, this price range generallyposes no interest for having this feature among most manufacturers. The mic input is an essential feature for good sound gathering, even on some of the lower end budgets. Canon, more so than anybody else, has accomplished this by having a mic input in virtually their entire realm of consumer camcorders. But at a budget under $500, I never thought I would have any luck searching. The Canon HG10 HD hard disk camcorder is one thing I came across.

The Canon HG10 (Full HD)has a retail value of $1,300, but is currently selling at some places online for around $400. It's got a mic jack, manual focus ring, and headphone jack, which shares its port with the A/V jack being toggled on menu.

Stephan's picture

I myself have a Canon Vixia HF 10 but it was way above $400. I agree with XTR-91, if you're looking for an HD camcorder that is of any quality for $400 or less then you will have a tough search on your hands. Especially if you what the ability to add microphones and other accessories.