You are here

iMovie HD 6.0.4 + Sony HDR-HC3

deviantfotografer's picture

I have the above program and camcorder, I can get imovie to recognize the camcorder and import, but when its finished the clips say that the duration is 0.00.00 and nothing has captured??? is there something that I am doing wrong???? are these 2 things compatible together???? can someone please help.... oh by the way I am using a G4 iBook 1GHZ processor with 1.25GB ram.... imovie said this was sufficient for the capture.... am I wrong???

D0n
D0n's picture

check out the apple forums, but I suspect your ibook hasn't got the power to import those hdv files. My emac g4 couldn't process my hdr hc1 files but my imac g5 could...albe it slowwwwwwwwly... Time to upgrade your computer i suspect....

here is one import tip... don't rely on imovie to control your camera... after you click on "Import" in imovie, watch your camcorder to see when the import is complete, and when you've passed the end of the file on the camera, push stop on the camera and let the computer continue until it says the import is complete...

as for the software manufacturers min requirements.... it is the equivelent of saying a 50cc scooter is the minimum sized engine you need to ride on the hwy.... a 50cc scooter vs my 1000cc sportbike is gonna yeild a much different hwy riding experience. (trust me, the scooter feels scarier..it is much better to be the guy blowing past the other traffic...).

?

EarlC's picture
Plus Member Moderator

IMHO Don, the primary reason Jarrod hasn't received response to this 3-day-old post is because in one fashion or another the question has been asked-and-answered in previous posts. I can understand your frustration, Jarrod, regarding the responses you have received during your ongoing trials and tribulations with attempting to edit HD video using your current hardware and software and HD footage. No matter how many different ways or times asked, however, it is likely that at some point you may need to figure out HOW to come up with the necessary budget to upgrade to something more capable that can handle what it is you want to do. In other threads it has been advised that in all reality you likely simply do not have powerful enough processing or current enough software - free or otherwise - to do the job.