You are here

I got it! Sony HXR-MC2000U

photojunky's picture

I finallygot theSony HXR-MC2000U camera after doing a lot of researchand love the quality, but the one complaint I have is the LCD is a little small and the eyepiece is either broken or worthless. When I look through it everything is completely blurry and fuzzy. I can see images but not clear at all. This makes using thecamera on your shoulder difficult because the LCD is too close to your eye, and viewing isfuzzy when using the eyepiece. Does anyone have the same issues?

Other than that I have found the quality to be really good, and the steady cam in nothing short of amazing when using it while walking.

CraftersOfLight's picture
Plus Member

Life is not a guided tour nor a destination. It is a journey. Take the time to enjoy your family, friends and surroundings. Build memories. Share experiences. Travel at sight speed not light speed. (C)

CraftersOfLight's picture
Plus Member

Sorry for the blank post. I am having issues with IE9 here.

Jeremy

Check the aroundend of your eyepiece for a small lever. This is used for a diopter adjustment to set the viewfinder focus as we all have different eyes and focus needs. When you find it, adjust the focus until you can make out the individual color dots on the viewfinder screen. That will give you a good starting point so you can fine tune it tosoyour focus will bethe same as the LCD on the side of the camera.

The operators manual should provide a little more information for you in it.

Life is not a guided tour nor a destination. It is a journey. Take the time to enjoy your family, friends and surroundings. Build memories. Share experiences. Travel at sight speed not light speed. (C)

photojunky's picture

LOL! Thank you so much! It's kind of hidden but I should have found it. Thanks again!