You are here

How to Burn AVCHD and MPEG 4 to 1 DVD

hughjorgan's picture

Greetings everyone,

I have been trying unsuccessfully to make an HD DVD for my Blu Ray player combining the video from my Sony HDR-SR12 video camera, and my son's GoPro Hero2. The PMB launcher makes a nice HD DVD of the AVCHD files from my Sony camera, but the PMB won't recognize the video files from the GoPro, even after I converted them from MPEG4 to AVCHD using a WinX HD video converter program. Am I missing a step, or is there a software that I should be using other than the PMB from Sony?

Thanks in advance!

Steve Fenstermacher's picture
Plus Member

Sounds like you are ready for a Video Editor.  Windows Live Movie Maker should handle the files (see this link: http://explore.live.com/windows-live-movie-maker-file-types-faq ).  But you have to create the video as an HD file then burn to disc with a 3rd party program.

I use Sony Vegas Studio (their Imagination package is on sale during the CES show) and AVS4You.  Try a demo download of either package.  The AVS4You Video Editor has fewer features and therefore a lower learning curve than Sony Vegas products.  Video Editor will allow you to import the files, place the video clips on the timeline, add effects and transitions, then burn your files to the optical disc or save to a file.

hughjorgan's picture

I downloaded Pinnacle Studio 15, and that worked very nicely. It took about 4 hours for the software to make a 35 minute movie, but the quality is stellar. Now I just have to decide whether I'm going to fork out the $100 after the 30 day free trial expires.