You are here

How cheap can legit Adobe CS5.5 copies be?

chrisColorado's picture

Hi everyone, I used to come here a lot. The last two years though, I've been a volunteer in East Europe and got back only recently. It's nice to see EarlC, D0n, others are still here.

My problem: I've found a post on the Denver craigslist about CS5.5 master collection and other Adobe stuff being sold for $40 - $100. Now I'm not all that bright, and I've been gone for 2 years, but doesn't that seem way too cheap for how long cs5.5 has been out? (2 mos. right?)

I'm wondering if this is legit or not, and will be inquiring before buying to protect my money. I'd like input on whether this seems illegal or what.

Thanks for the input :)

See http://denver.craigslist.org/ele/2543434403.html for the post I found.

Charles Schultz's picture

I just upgraded from CS4 to CS5.5 and it cost me almost $1,000; if you are not upgrading it is about $2,500. I would say this is not a legit version, probably pirated or just a scam all together.

MediaFish's picture
Plus Member

https://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/store/index.cfm?store=OLS-US&storeRegion=US&nr=0#store=OLS-US&loc=en_us&view=ols_cat&catID=SPECIALS

I just paid $860 for the full version of Premier Production Pro - Adobe had a deal if you switched from what you were using they would cut the price in half of the suite package you buy. Just remember the old saying - "You get what you pay for". Check out the link above to get an idea of what Adobe is selling their products for.

Jeff Media Fish Productions

I should have mentioned that I purchased the Master Collection as I do print work as well and the prices reflect my purchase.

FireFly's picture

the old saying "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" is one that has kept me out of trouble many times.  even if that was an upgrade to an academic version, it would be unlikely to be legit. keep in mind that you may be able to buy the disks from the guy for that amount, but will you be able to get a valid serial number from adobe for it to be functional, is another story. sounds too suspicious too me to be legit.  Your cheapest way I know is to signup for a course at a community college and then you'll be entitled to get the Education Version at a very deep discount - you just need to have appropriate proof you are a student, faculty, or staff member of an accredited college or university.

chrisColorado's picture

Thanks for the input, I did decide not to buy. As for Cham's question, you have a cheap price, but it's in the believable range I guess. Also, you are selling only premiere. I was looking at the Master Collection, so big difference.

Thanks everyone!

@chamerlane altatis, Your prices are legit but what Chris asked about was the Master Collection for between $40 and $100. You are selling only one program, not the whole ball of wax. Not to stomp, just to clarify.

cyorkgo's picture

I purchased some "cheap" music programs like that before. They are working programs but "cracked" and most have viruses. I would highly recommend you stay away from these type of programs. Adobe has several options available to purchase their products at discounts. I took some classes at UCLA and qualified for their student package and saved hundreds of dollars. Years later I "upgraded". Good luck.