You are here

Help rendering in powerdirector v8

saphire's picture

I can complete a video in powerdirector v8 and burn it to disc. But what I want to do is render the video so I can delete source footage. If I delete source footage now and reopen the project to make more copies, I have missing clips where I deleted source footage. It is my understanding that if I were to render the video I could then delete source footage. So I am asking how to render the video/format and then how do I burn a dvd copy from that rendered file without going back into powerdirector which will pull up the saved version and show missing files?

CraftersOfLight's picture
Plus Member

Have you tried treating the rendered file as a new source file for the editor? Start a new project and look/point to the rendered file as your video source. the drag it into the timeline. Or use the Create Disc option, Import additional videos, and look up your rendered file.

Life is not a guided tour nor a destination. It is a journey. Take the time to enjoy your family, friends and surroundings. Build memories. Share experiences. Travel at sight speed not light speed. (C)

saphire's picture

I cannot thank you enough! It sounds so obvious now but it really didn't occur to me to drag the new rendered file in- thank you so much for taking the time to respond!