You are here

HDC-HS700 night time mode

oldnick's picture

Either this is screwy or I am missing something. In the manual it says that the night time scene mode will allow clear pictures of night time scenes by allowing slow shutter. However when I set it on, the dark scenes are even darker than in normal mode, especially if I use iA mode without night time scene set.

Auto slow shutter is ON

I tried using Colour Night setting, but that prevents the use of the Scene Mode being set at all.

Any help appreciated

Nick

oldnick's picture

Perhaps I need to elucidate ...so to speak:)

There are three versions of night time mode, obtainable in 3 ways. (1) is Menu, Record Settings, Scene Mode, second page , little moon and stars. THAT is the one that does not work to give me dim shooting.(2) Is either via F onscreen, with iA disabled, which provides another option to shoot night time: The last option I believe. Or there is Night Colour mode in the Menu, Record Settings, Night Colour. This also works and I think is the exact same as the F onscreen and select the moon etc. (3) is the one in the Menu, Record Settings, Scene Mode and a little candle. That also works.

If this sounds complex I reckon it's because there are just too many ways to get to stuff on the camera. I am not sure of the logic of what goes where.

Nick