You are here

HD Writer AE 1.5 USB Problem

Snowbirds123's picture

Good evening,

I'm having a bit of problems with HD Writer 1.5, the program provided with my HDC-SD10 camcorder.

Each time I connect my camcorded to my PC (via the provided USB wire) and start downloading my recorded videos on my hard drive, an error pops up. It tells me that my USB connection is unstable and that I should try to connect my camcorder to a USB port at the rear of my computer.

I installed the update from Panasonic but the problem still occurs. I tried connecting the camcorder to every single USB port of my computer and it doesn't change anything. The download progressgoes up to 3% and it stops and notifies me of the error.

Thanks in advance,

Snowbirds123

XTR-91's picture

Have you tried copying the files to your computer without using HD Writer 1.5?

Yvon Robert's picture

Hi,

1) Upgrade from the Panasonic website your HD Writer AE version the latest is 2.1

2) Use a short USB cable or simply try another USB cable

3) Use Rear USB input.

4) Deactivate your Antivirus

Do 1 step at the time to isolate the problem, process in order.

Regards,

YR

CraftersOfLight's picture
Plus Member

Often times just plugging the camera through USB will allow the computer to see itas an external drive. If this happens, you could transfer your files as you would between drives.

Life is not a guided tour nor a destination. It is a journey. Take the time to enjoy your family, friends and surroundings. Build memories. Share experiences. Travel at sight speed not light speed. (C)

Snowbirds123's picture

Thanks for all the quick replies!

XTR-91: Is there an alternate program I can use?

signmax: Where can I get the update? The ones on the Panasonic website don't work.

CraftersOfLight: I already tried that but Windows cannot open them.

Yvon Robert's picture

Hi,

Run your HD Writer program, from the top menu SUPPORT expand the window and click Check for Application update.

If you go directly to Panasonic website this site is confusion made I past about 2 hours to find the update file the best way is to made with the software if the software can direct to the upgrade file.

My version is Ver 2.1 L141

Remark is not easy to find the software upgrade.

Regards,

YR

Snowbirds123's picture

Good evening,

I beleive I'll have to download the updates from the website because the only buttons I have on the top menu are: Copy to PC, Play, Edit, Copy to Media, Network, Capture, Search, Delete, Refresh, Settings, Operating Instructions and Exit. I went through all of them and none have an update tab/button.

I agree with you. The Panasonic website is confusing. I spent a lot of time last night going through everything to find an update. I'll see if I can find the 2.1 L141 update.

Best Regards,

Snowbirds123