You are here

GREAT Political Documentary Example

EarlC's picture
Plus Member Moderator

Just saw "2016: Obama's America" and I have to tell you it is a GREAT example for folks who want to pursue any type of documentary production. Good production value, solid content and compelling, provocative.

Ed Rogers's picture
Plus Member

Thanks for the headsup Earl. Once the election is over I may just take a peek...

EarlC's picture
Plus Member Moderator

As Rogers has noted, this is a documentary worth taking a "peek" at SOME point along the study of documentary production. Setting aside the political ramifications, the production itself was well-done, followed a strong outline and was well presented.

The POLITICAL reviews of the actual content or its veracity, so graciously offered by The Lone Banana, are not the specific aspects of which I was impressed, although I have to say it was solid based on my having read both books from which it was derived and being cognizant of the information and its sources.

As I noted in the initial post: "Good production value, solid content and compelling, provocative."

Consequently, beyond this response, I will not post anything additional of a more political nature regarding its content. Nor, as a moderator, will I allow further discussion by others to take a political tact. Would be interesting, however, to hear others pipe in on how they perceived the actual production quality as it pertains to cinema/video values.